What is it?
- VPP supports general file preprocessing based on the
Velocity Template Engine
and Ant by providing alternatives to the
<javac> . See the manual
for a complete description.
A Quick Example
anywhere you would use Ant's
<copy> task to preprocess your
files using the Velocity Template
<vppcopy> supports all
<copy>'s parameters and nested
- Access Ant's project properties
within your templates by invoking
<typedef resource="foundrylogic/vpp/typedef.properties" />
<taskdef resource="foundrylogic/vpp/taskdef.properties" />
<vppcopy todir="output" overwrite="true">
<fileset dir="src" includes="*.html.vpp" />
<mapper type="glob" from="*.html.vpp" to="*.html" />
As of VPP's initial publication, there were no cross-platform, Ant-based preprocessing
tools available. With Ant 1.5.x, FilterChains were introduced that
allowed some basic token substitution, but none of the available implementations
provide the raw horsepower of a macro language, such as VTL.
Download and Installation
Get the latest and greatest release of VPP from http://sourceforge.net/projects/vpp
Assuming that you have already installed and configured Ant correctly, you may deploy VPP by simply executing ant deploy from the location where you installed VPP.
Alternatively, you may also copy the jar files located in the lib subdirectory to your Ant installation ($ANT_HOME/lib).
Documentation and Examples
- Please search the vpp-user mailing list archive
and/or subscribe here
This software is licensed under BSD, the terms of which you may find here
- Daniel Savarese for the initial inspiration.
- All the folks at Apache and especially those responsible for Ant
. Keep up the great work!
- Bill Burton for the idea of implementing this library based on Ant
's FilterReader/FilterChain approach.
- All the folks at Sourceforge for providing open source hosting: